This year, among the accessories, the leading position is occupied by face masks, the purpose of which is no longer limited exclusively to the medical focus. These items are now produced not only by pharmaceutical companies but also by popular fashion houses, as well as manufacturers of mass-market products. Full-fledged fashion collections are created, striking with a variety of such products. Let’s figure out the main trends and ways to use designer masks.
Accessory development and latest trends
Protective masks against viruses have been known since the Middle Ages. Surely everyone saw in various sources leather devices with a long beak that the Europeans wore at the height of the bubonic plague. Later, the use of masks increased when Spanish flu raged in the first half of the 20th century. They were addressed in the future with outbreaks of new infections. Another reason for respiratory protection is air pollution. For example, in factories saturated with factories in China and surrounding countries, or in states of Australia where large fires regularly occur, it has become commonplace for residents to wear respirators.
As you can see, frequent epidemics and environmental degradation oblige people to use medical remedies. Noticing such a distribution of these accessories, trendsetters decided to make them attractive. And already in 2014, fashionable face masks appeared on the catwalks. Over the years, such attributes have improved, become even more beautiful and original. Nowadays, the following trends are observed:
- Floral motifs. Masks with flowers and other vegetation harmoniously fit into spring and summer images, without at all reducing the attractiveness of the owner’s appearance.
- Funny drawings. Many products with cool images are on sale, among which masks with animal faces are in the lead. Such accessories are loved even by popular American artists.
- Masks with print. A cell in various variations, peas, stripes, tai-dai, animalistic coloring, abstraction decorate the bandages on the face. With so many options, it’s easy to create a trendy look.
- Thin lace. Fashion mask with lace decor – must have 2020. This accessory will be a gentle addition to a dress or blouse with a similar finish.
- Neon strokes. Respirators with such accents enthusiastically engage in youth looks.
- Logos of famous brands. As a rule, an emblem in white tones is performed on a black background. Fashionistas are crazy about these masks.
- The dominance of monochrome. Solid masks on the mouth – the choice of lovers of a minimalist style. Dark patterns are represented by black, blue, gray, bright – yellow, red, pink, neutral – beige.
- Lettering and a kind of symbolism. Such accessories are held in high esteem by representatives of various subcultures and young girls.
- Masks from vegan leather. Organically combined with leather caps, as well as with denim clothes. Punk and grunge fans are in high demand.
- Shiny and glowing in the dark. These accessories can be safely worn even at a party. Masks made of metalized fabrics, with sequins, rhinestones, and even stones are popular.
The idea of stylishly taking care of health with applause is accepted by female representatives in all corners of the world. Masks with a pattern, plain, two-tone and multi-colored, rectangular, rounded and curly attracted the attention of celebrities, insta-models, and all fashion-conscious girls. They create total bows and multifaceted compositions with them.
The versatility of protective face masks
The primary purpose of protective masks is to prevent the spread of viral diseases that are transmitted by airborne droplets. Fashionistas should remember the difference between a protective medical mask and a decorative one. Some brands create attractive respiratory masks with an air filter, but most of the attributes that are found on sale fulfill a style-forming function and do not act as protective equipment. Do not forget about this and during epidemics wear such gizmos on top of a respirator.
In modern times, the goods discussed also fulfill other purposes:
- emphasize belonging to underground culture;
- able to veil scars and other injuries on the face;
- used to express protest;
- become a characteristic component of the images of individual styles: retro, sport-chic, grunge, cyberpunk and cybergothic;
- help to distance oneself from the outside world or maintain anonymity.
The resonant demand for masks makes this part indispensable in everyday life not only for every girl but for all people as a whole. If you want to protect yourself from viruses, add a touch of rebellion or glamor to your image, express yourself, do it stylishly. Buy a face mask with an atypical design.